Strategic aims assessment – market mapping – sales leadership transformation – stakeholder alignment – talent benchmarks – platform for growth
A multi-$bn technology services provider has been facing dramatic market growth and massive increase in demand. After large-scale acquisitions, the company has recognised that a higher-profile market presence and more organisational maturity demand a different type and calibre of sales-oriented country leader across European locations. Samuel Jacques Associates has helped set a new country leadership template and undertaken repeated country leader searches across Europe in the context of wider transformation to help create the new platform for growth.
· No recognised template for successful sales-oriented Country Managing Directors
· Country businesses run as relatively autonomous local entities
· Reactive sales stance in-country, and low senior-level in-market profile and reputation
· Limited cross-border account coordination or synergy across countries and regions
· Under-achievement of Channel opportunity and balance of direct / indirect market development
· Barriers to potential step-change in growth, and no succession planning opportunity
· Clear template in place for successful Country Managing Directors who drive revenue growth
· New proactive sales stance across Enterprise, Carrier and Channel
· Enhanced international cooperation, constructive culture and a better-functioning matrix
· Built-in senior client / contact network and corresponding local reputation enhancement
· Better balancing of Channel and direct; more accurate planning for the future
· High-ambition growth with succession opportunity and overall talent enhancement
· A cadre of leaders set up for the next stage of growth.
SAMUEL JACQUES ASSOCIATES’ contribution to the partnership and business outcome:
ü Defined the new role remit and person template to lead country BUs
ü Consultatively raised awareness of the changed business dynamics
ü Drove country leadership hires with proactive sales stance and more corporate presence
ü Managed and aligned divergent views across a complex, international stakeholder landscape
ü Provided on-the-ground market intelligence to calibrate ambitions in the competitive context
ü Created market buzz around the company’s ambitions through wide-ranging local dialogue
ü Transparent management of internal candidates to retain engagement and avoid disruption
ü Set and fulfilled expectations for business transformation led by the new talent benchmark.